January 10, 2017

Paper Rosettes

Hello and welcome back! I hope everyone is having a great start to 2017, lots of goals and resolutions being started. In the past I have set resolutions, but this year I don't think I will. After the year that just passed, I don't want to make any promises (and that's probably best for everyone).

Back in December I shared Braxton's third ABC themed party, and if you missed it you can check it out here: ABC, Guess Who's Three! It was a quickly planned party that turned out fantastic. I wanted to share how to make the paper rosettes with you guys.



First you will want to gather your supplies: card stock, scissors, a ruler, a stapler, a glue gun (not pictured) and if you can manage it a scoring board. A scoring board is not necessary but amazing if you have it. I actually borrowed one to get this craft done and it made my life so much easier.



Fold your card stock in half lengthwise and cut it right down the middle.



Then use your scoring board lengthwise again every inch. If the last score doesn't complete an inch, that's alright. If you don't have a board you will want to mark out the inches and fold on them. You should be left with a long accordion piece of paper.


Then fold this paper in half (I folded with the smaller fold on the outside) and staple. I stapled at the tops of the folds, if that makes sense.



You will want to do this four more times to complete the rosette. Staple the four pieces together and push the middle in to form the rosette. Grab the hot glue gun and glue each piece together and put extra in the middle to keep everything stable. Once this dries you can add a circle of paper to the centre with some hot glue.



That's it! It's pretty easy once you get the hang of it. And to make the smaller rosettes, you can just fold and cut the paper width-wise and follow the steps to complete it. Like so:



How cute are these rosettes? They would work for so many occasions and really add a lot of drama to a background or area.



I will be keeping these bad boys for future use, as they are a little time consuming to repeat over and over. Are these not perfect for parties and special occasions? I think these rosettes would look great at a baby shower in soft pastels with gold and silver accents.

Have you guys ever made these? Feel free to share if you have, I would love to see them!

Kerby

Linking to:
Ginger Snap Crafts - Wow Me Wednesday #281
eighteen25 - Show and Tell #14 

No comments:

Post a Comment