January 22, 2017

Chocolate Cake Cookies

Welcome back and guess what, I actually baked something! Yay me, and I am so excited to have something that does not relate to my kids. I love them with all my heart, but I'm sure you guys would like to see something else. And it also makes me feel like things are getting back to before we had babies, since both kids are no longer babies.

Anyway, back to the task at hand - a yummy recipe. I was cruising my Cookie board on Pinterest for something easy to bake and I found a recipe for cookies using cake mix. And I just happened to have an extra box of chocolate cake mix unused after both birthday parties. It was meant to be.


Chocolate Cake Cookies  (original recipe here)                                            

1 box cake mix (any flavour)
2 eggs
1/3 cup vegetable oil

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

2. Mix all ingredients together. Place by tablespoonfuls on greased cookie sheet. This batter is ridiculously sticky, so do your best to make them the same size. I had to spray my fingers with cooking spray to get the batter off my fingers on the tray.

3. Bake 7-9 minutes until edges are brown.  I found that leaving the cookies on the baking sheet for an extra minute or so helped because after the 9 minutes they were still very soft. 

That's it and oh my goodness were these amazing, I was extremely surprised. Full disclosure - they didn't exactly smell bad, but the they didn't smell amazing either. Usually when you bake cookies the whole house will smell fantastic. So I was weary when I took my first bite, but then I had to stop myself from eating every last one.


And if you think these are cookies that will last longer in the freezer, think again. They were even better! I ate more from the freezer than from the fresh cookies at room temperature. At room temperature they were extremely soft and stayed moist, and just the right amount of sweetness. From the freezer they were like fudge and chewy and everything you want when you are eating a treat from the freezer.


Isn't this a great recipe for quick and easy cookies? If you have boxed cake mix on hand, like I usually do, it's nice to be able to whip a quick batch of cookies up in a jiffy. And you can use any type of cake mix, and even ice them like in the original post. Imagine carrot cake cookies with cream cheese icing.....let's be real, this is probably going to happen soon. I will share if they taste as good as they sound!

Has anyone ever made cookies from cake mix before? I would love to know how it turned out or the combinations that you used.

Kerby  

Linking to:
Ginger Snap Crafts - Wow Me Wednesday #283 
Two Chicks and a Mom - Funtastic Friday #111 
eighteen25 - Show and Tell #14 
Tatertots and Jello - BFF Link Party 2/17/17 
Naptime Creations - Create, Link, Inspire 2/27/17 

No comments:

Post a Comment