May 30, 2016

Personalized Picture Collage Frame

Hello and welcome back! It's a beautiful day, even though it's Monday.

I have been struggling to do anything other than keep the house in order and attempt to bring some order to the yard. It's been so crazy adjusting to having two kids, a big shout out to people who have more than two! You guys are my personal heroes. I craft and bake when I can, which is sparse and not nearly as much as I would like. I feel like as the kids get bigger, mostly Kaley, I will get more time. Thanks for hanging in with me!

It's super late, but today I wanted to share a Mother's day gift idea that I found on Pinterest and made. I mean, this would be great for a Father's day gift idea too, hence why I am still sharing this with you guys. The original post by Giggles Galore can be found here.


I found a plain wooden picture frame at the local dollar store for $1.25 (versus the $6.50 at Micheals!). It seriously had the same picture in the frame and everything, I can't believe the markup at Micheals. So lesson learned, always check your dollar store before your craft store people.



I painted it with black acrylic paint that I already had. It took two coats to get even coverage, though next time I would lightly sand the frame. It didn't feel rough until I started using the foam brush on it, but it was covered with the pictures so it worked out okay. Remember to paint inside the lip or you will see a little of the plain wood when you put the frame together.



While the paint dried I found pictures that would fit the frame shape and printed them in black and white on regular printer paper. I laid them out on the frame and traced on the back of the picture. When I was happy with the arrangement I used Modge Podge to attach them to the frame. I also did two coats on top of the pictures with a semi gloss Mod Podge to seal everything in. Next time I would use a matte finish because the gloss was too much.



Using Pic-Monkey I whipped up the printable to go inside the frame and once everything was dry put it in. The frame isn't perfect, so there was a little trimming to be done. Hence why it was at the dollar store I suppose.



I made this for my mom for Mother's day, and she loved it. I tried to find pictures of her with the kids, but I didn't have a lot of good ones with her and Kaley (she was only four months old at the time). So I chose pictures of just Kaley and it worked out fine. 

The whole project cost me just $1.25 for the frame, but if you needed everything it would cost roughly $10 and you would have lots of paint and Mod Podge left for future projects. You can't beat that people. It's an easy and inexpensive gift for a grandparents, aunts or uncles and well as parents. It's a simple way to show someone that you and your kids cherish and love them. I plan on making some more variations of these frames in the future, which I will share with you guys of course.

Kerby

Linking to:
Naptime Creations - Create Link Inspire 12/19/16

No comments:

Post a Comment