April 10, 2015

Easy Vanilla Icing

Happy Friday one and all! I've had quite the lazy week, but with the warm weather finally getting here I am starting to feel motivated!

I mentioned back when I shared my Bunny Ear Cupcakes that I made the frosting from scratch. Today I want to share the recipe with you guys. It was so simple to make it will definitely be my go to frosting from now on.



You can find the original recipe here.

Vanilla Frosting                                                                                           



4 tbsp unsalted butter, room temperature
2 cups icing sugar
4 tbsp milk
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 pinch salt 
 
In a small bowl combine all the ingredients and beat until light and fluffy.
 



 
The original recipe called for only 2 tablespoons of milk, but I ended up with 4 to get the consistency that I wanted. If your find that your frosting is too runny, add more icing sugar a tablespoon at a time.

Hopefully you can give this frosting recipe a try and add it to your favourite recipes list.

Kerby

Linking to:
A Handful of Everything - Great Idea Thursdays #93 

No comments:

Post a Comment