April 4, 2015

Bunny Ear Cupcakes

Happy Easter everyone! I hope you are all spending some quality time with your loved ones and eating a ton of chocolate bunnies right now. I have been baking up a storm getting ready for Easter dinner, and I cannot wait to enjoy all my hard work. Today I want to share a cute Easter treat that everyone will love, and it will only take a few ingredients and an hour of your time.


I used a box cake mix to make up some cupcakes because I just did not have time to make them from scratch. I think this worked out better because the icing and bunny ears will be super sweet, it lets the cake stay a little less sweet.

First thing you will want to do is make up a batch of pink sugar. Simply put about 1/4 cup of white sugar in a mason jar and a drop or two of pink food colouring:

 
Give it a few good shakes until all of the sugar is pink. Add more food colouring if needed.

 
Pour the sugar into a dish that you can easily dip into. Next take some regular marshmallows and cut them diagonally:


Dip the cut sides into the pink sugar and presto, bunny ears:
 

Ice your cupcakes with frosting, either from scratch or from a tub. I made a batch of vanilla icing (which I will share later on) because I forgot to grab some frosting while grocery shopping.

Place the ears onto the frosting while it is still wet, this will help glue them to the cupcakes:


You can leave these bad boys as they are or you can add a little shredded coconut to take these to the next level:


Either way they are adorable and delicious. And like I said, it's a quick and easy Easter treat that kids and adults will gobble up.
 
Do you guys have any fun Easter treats?

Kerby
 

No comments:

Post a Comment