March 16, 2015

Twinkie Cupcakes

Hello again everyone, we have been bust little worker bees here. We are still trying to work on the big boy room, and now hoping to get the house spring ready as the snow melts. Let's just say there is a few weeks worth of doggie landmines in the backyard calling my name. I'm trying to repress that fact for now.

Today I want to share a recipe I found while cruising Pinterest. The idea sounded so amazing that I just had to try it. The original post from The Baker Upstairs is here.




The directions were not very clear about how to fill the cupcakes and while I thought that the logical choice was a piping bag, I found that it was way too thick to be piped. So my creative juices got flowing and I had to come up with another solution to add a filling to my cupcakes. After an "aha" moment, I found that a melon baller was the perfect choice. Using the smaller scoop I scooped out about halfway down the cupcake.



This was not nearly as much fun as I thought it would be, but I got the job done. Using the melon baller again I filled the cupcake holes:




I tried to make sure they were completely full but still level with the top. After a few taps on the counter to get rid of the air pockets, I iced those bad boys:




They aren't the prettiest cupcakes I have ever made, but I found that the icing hardened fairly quickly. By the time I finished icing all the cupcakes the first ones were almost hard. Next time I will make it a little softer, but it didn't stop the cupcakes from being dangerously delicious. I forgot to take a picture of the centre of a cupcake, so here is another picture of them in all their glory.


Do you guys have any recipes on your wish list or pinned and patiently waiting for you? Feel free to share.

Kerby

Linking to:
Naptime Creations - Create, Link, Inspire #316 
Baking in Pyjamas - Sweet and Savoury Sundays #104 
Ginger Snap Crafts - Wow Me Wednesday #197 
A Handful of Everything - Great Idea Thursdays #90 
Cookin and Craftin - My Two Favorite Things #15 

2 comments:

  1. That's the same method I usually use when filling cupcakes. They look wonderful. Thanks for linking up to Sweet and Savoury Sunday, stop by and link up again. Have a great day!! Laura@Baking in Pyjamas

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet they were yummy!! Thanks for sharing on My 2 Favorite Things on Thursday - Link Party!! Hope to see you again tomorrow!! I love having you!! Pinned!

    ReplyDelete