February 13, 2015

January Reading

Hello one and all! Well this is a pretty late post, but it took me forever to read my January book. I was trying to get way too many things done and it just fell on the back burner. But better late than never, so I want to share my review with you guys.

I bought this book over 10 years ago with the intention of reading it, but just never did. I was too caught up in certain authors and series that I just kept myself busy with those books. But since setting my 2015 goals and trying to read a book a month (to ease myself back into reading), I figured this was a great time to give this book a chance.

Nancy Pickard - The Whole Truth



The book is about a true crime author and the case she is currently writing her book on. She gets immersed into the case and finds herself crossing boundaries she would never normally cross. There are a few plot twists that even a seasoned reader wouldn't see coming.

It's not a gruesome book, but it does involve a horrible (fictional) crime. Even with the main story centering around crime, the book still manages to stay pretty light. I would have liked it to get a little deeper into the story, as I found that by trying to keep it light the story lost something. As well, the character development on the main character could have been expanded on. You don't really learn anything about her.

That being said, it was still a very well written book. The story was great and was something I had never read before, or anything that I have watched before either. It was very original. I will definitely be looking into other books by Nancy Pickard, and will try to find the sequel to this book.

Hope this gives you guys a book to either add to your list or take off. Feel free to add any books you are currently reading or have read, I am always looking for new authors.

Kerby

No comments:

Post a Comment