Today I want to share a cookie recipe that I tried mainly because I had all of the ingredients, and ended up giving them away before I ate the whole batch. They were so moist, and the perfect combination of sweet and spicy. They actually tasted like gingerbread cookies, but were so much easier to make!
Molasses Cookies (Anna Olson, "Back to Basics", pg. 20)
1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temp. 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar 1 egg, room temp.
1 tsp vanilla extract 1 1/4 cups flour
2 tbsp cornstarch 1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 cup fancy molasses 2 tsp ground ginger
1/8 tsp ground cloves
1/3 cup granulated sugar (for rolling)
1. Preheat oven to 350°, line two baking tray with parchment paper or light grease.
2. Cream the butter, brown sugar and 1/4 cup of the sugar together until fluffy.
Add in the molasses.
3. Add the vanilla:
Then beat in the egg:
4. In a separate bowl stir in all the dry ingredients: flour, cornstarch, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger and cloves.
Add the flour mixture into the butter mixture and stir until evenly blended.
5. Spoon out tablespoonfuls of the dough and roll them in the sugar to coat:
Place cookies on the baking trays about 1 1/2 inches apart.
6. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until lightly browned around the edges. Cool on the baking tray for 10 minutes, then transfer to cookie rack to cool completely. Enjoy!
These cookies were so addictive. I wasn't sure what to expect when I started making these, but they just smelled so amazing. At one point Luis came upstairs to see if they were done, that's the mark of a good cookie.
Do you guys have any cookie recipes that taste way better than the sound?
Kathe with an E - You're Gonna Love It Tuesday 1/12/15
Naptime Creations - Create, Link, Inspire #112
Someday Crafts - Whatever Goes Wednesday #256
A Handful of Everything - Great Idea Thursdays #81
Cookin And Craftin - My Two Favorite Things Thursday #2
Baking in Pyjamas - Sweet & Savoury Sundays #96
A Night Owl - Monday Funday 1/19/15
The Freshman Cook - Celebrate It #26
The Cupcakery - Sweet & Savoury Sundays #25