December 14, 2014

Chocolate Everything

Hey everyone!

Hope you guys are having a great weekend and are not too busy with Christmas preparations. It's getting down to crunch time, so hopefully you are getting too bogged down.

Today I want to share a few easy chocolate crafts with you guys. I thought I would lump a few together into a bigger post, instead of a few small filler posts. Hence, the chocolate everything.

First up, chocolate spoons. These are great for gifts or just to use for yourself at home. And they go great with coffee and hot chocolate.

Supplies (This will make about 25 spoons)
1 cup semi sweet chocolate (bakers chocolate or chips)
20-30 plastic spoons 
Chocolate sprinkles (optional)

First, melt about a cup of semi sweet milk chocolate in a bowl over low boiling water:


Next, dip your spoons in the chocolate making sure to cover the back of the spoon as well. Let the excess chocolate drip off, or tap the spoon on the edge of the bowl:




Place on wax paper and add chocolate sprinkles:



You could switch out the chocolate sprinkles with crushed peppermints or any other small topping. Next, pick up some treat bags and wrap the spoons up:




I found these bags at my local Micheals for $3 I think. They were the perfect size for these spoons. That's it. Pretty easy.

But what to do with all the extra chocolate? I ran out of spoons long before I ran out of chocolate. I decided to make chocolate dipped marshmallows.




You can use any extra sprinkles or toppings from the spoons with these as well. They are pretty good, but they would have been better with milk or white chocolate. Again, another great addition to hot chocolate (sensing a theme?).

The last thing I want to share are the chocolate snowflakes that were the cupcake toppers for Braxton's birthday. These are so easy to make that I can't believe that I haven't done them before.

You will want to melt your chocolate either in the microwave or over boiling water on the stove (I used the microwave because I was using multiple colours):




Next, you will want to print out the design you want to make and place it under wax paper:




I like to use Ziploc bags for piping because they are cheaper than actual piping bags and I always have them on hand. I find the easiest way to fill up your bag for piping is to place it in a cup and folding the edges over the cup:



After you put the chocolate in the bag and seal it, cut the very tip of one corner off and follow your design. Place the chocolate in the fridge for 15-20 minutes or until solid. Then transfer into a container until you are ready to place then on your baked goods:



That's all for today folks. Just a ton of chocolate ideas, all of which are so easy to do. Hopefully you guys can give these a try. Let me know if you do and how they turn out.

Kerby

Linking to:
A Night Owl - Monday Funday 12/15/14

No comments:

Post a Comment