November 15, 2014

pumpkin sour cream muffins

Hello again,

Today I want to share a recipe that I found at A Beautiful Mess for Pumpkin Sour Cream Muffins. They has some great stuff all the time, you should go check their blog out here.

I recently found a can of pumpkin puree in my pantry that was about expire so I went in search of a recipe that could use up a few things that I had on hand. When I came across this recipe, it was like kismet. I just so happened to have some sour cream that I needed to use up too!

These muffins are so yummy! Just the right amount of sweetness, without feeling like you are eating a cupcake for breakfast.


These muffins are so easy to make, and you probably have this stuff on hand more than you think! I changed a few things, because we like spices and pumpkin in this house!

Pumpkin Sour Cream Muffins                                                                   

1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup softened butter (mine happened to be almost melted)
2 eggs
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups white flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/2 cup + 3 tbsp pumpkin purée
1/8 cup + 1 tbsp sour cream

Raw sugar (optional)

1. Whisk together all the dry ingredients (not the sugars, they are considered wet ingredients). Set aside.

2. Cream together the sugars and butter until well combined. Stir in the eggs and vanilla extract. Now add the dry ingredients to the mixture, and add the pumpkin and sour cream. Stir until combined.    

3. Fill muffin cups 2/3 full and sprinkle on a little raw sugar (optional). Bake at 350°F for 25-28 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. (Depending on your oven, this time could be off a bit. I left the original cooking time, but mine was closer to 20 minutes, 22 minutes I think)

The changes to the original recipe probably weren't that big of a change to make a huge difference in the overall taste. But I wanted Braxton to have some because he loves pumpkin and cinnamon, so it was a great way to introduce him to muffins.

Now if you don't mind, I'll just finish that muffin off.



Kerby 

Linking up to:
Six Sister's Stuff - Strut Yourself Saturday #173
It's So Very Cheri - Party Time 11-16-2014  
A Night Owl - Monday Funday
Nap-Time Creations - Create, Link, Inspire #4 
Someday Crafts - Whatever Goes Wednesday #248 

No comments:

Post a Comment