May 10, 2014

old book score

Hello there!
 
Last summer on a shopping trip with my Mom I found the greatest thrifty buy ever. We went to a small town about an hour north of where we live that has an amazing lavender farm and a ton of artsy shops and antique shops.
 
While browsing through one of the shops, the store owner told us that there was a shelf at the back where everything was a dollar. That peeked my interest so I went and took a look.
 
I found about a hundred old books. For a dollar each!
 

Well, of course I had to grab a few. I went through and found the best looking and most interesting of the bunch and brought those bad boys home.
 
 
Some of them were pretty awesome. I found this copy of The Last of the Mohicans that was from 1891!
 
 
 
Looking back, I am kicking myself for not buying more. Oh well, at least I picked a few out. I will post an update of what I did with these books another day.
 
How about you guys? Anybody found an amazing steal where they least expected it?
 
K.


No comments:

Post a Comment