January 19, 2012

the great crap cleanup - laundry room

Hey there!

A few weeks ago I linked up to a party going on a Lovely, Crafty, Home. I joined up three different areas in my house that I started to pile crap in. If you missed it you can check out my original post here. If you have already viewed the horrors you must think I am brave.

I felt we all should stop hiding the truth - we all do it! I am sure that some part of your house has piles of randomness all over it.

But back to this post, I have an update!

This is

The Great Crap Cleanup - Laundry Room Edition

(snappy title, eh?)

First a before picture.



I decided to tackle the easiest room first. I know, pretty good strategy.

All of this stuff was from the upstairs bathroom from after the Reno. I ran out of room, and needed to move it into the downstairs bathroom. Once I got my buns in motion, it was pretty easy to clean up.


As you can see its from the same view. Much better! I can actually walk in here and not trip over a million things! And it also stops the cats from sitting on everything and climbing all over it.

Here's the other side of the room.


As you can probably tell I have a fairly large, unfinished laundry room that I LOVE. I would love it more if it were finished, but I'll take what I can get.

Now a few more pictures



Above is the main storage we have right now in this room. As you can see, it holds everything. Chemicals, beverages, cat food and cooking pots.

(As a side note - the dogs cannot get into this room so the chemicals are okay here)

While I was cleaning up, I decided to tidy up the chemical cupboard. This is where I keep the harsher chemicals that I do not want the cats around.

The before


And the after


Not too much of a difference, but it somehow just looks better.

I also keep food items in an old microwave stand that we no longer use in the kitchen. It's great to keep extra baking items out of reach of prying cats.


And a better view of the top shelf.


One last picture, just to wrap up. This shows a project a did a few weeks ago, and the laundry hamper. The big tote at the bottom holds the dog food for the big dog.

I am pretty happy with how much better the room looks without all the crap in it!

So - do you have any crap piles? Care to share?

Stay tuned for the next edition - the Craft Closet. I am hoping to have the crawl space done sometime in the next ten years. No seriously, that is going to be a H.U.G.E job.

Time to roll my sleeve up!

K.

Linking to:

No comments:

Post a Comment