October 11, 2011

Homemade Rolls via Farmgirl Recipes

Hi there!
Ugh! I am so full! It was Thanksgiving here this weekend, and I think I ate 3 times my weight in turkey.
I spent quite a bit of time baking and cooking this weekend, so I have a few posts for you that I am going to spread out a bit. The first one is courtesy of The Farm Girl Recipes.

Y.U.M. were these ever good! Now mine didn't look quite this nice, but I did try really hard to make them look this nice.

Her instructions are above, but I will give you a few pictures along the way. First is a picture of me heating the butter, milk, sugar, water and salt.

After I let it cool to warm I added my yeast and and eggs. Below is the type of yeast that I used:

After adding the flour and kneading, I had a little of this going on:
Then comes the waiting. You have to let the dough double, then make the rolls, then let them double again. Then comes the baking:
Yum. Like I said, my rolls did not look nearly as nice as they should. But boy were they yummy. After letting them cool, they were ready to eat with dinner.

Well that's it for today. Did any of you make anything this weekend? I'd love to take a look.
K.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I’m a new Follower of your blog and I just gave you a Versatile Blogger Award over at Love of Homes. Please stop by & see who else got the award & maybe become my newest follower. Thanks!
    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just popped in from Clean & Scentsible. I think your rolls look delicious. Yours might not be as shiny as the original ones, but they look like they'd be terrific to serve with soup or a great chowder. Thanks so much for sharing!

    Jaymie @ http://dancesdishesanddreams.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete