September 23, 2011

Just a Little Accent Wall...

And hello again!!

Today I thought I would show you something I did in my stairway wall with inspiration from Martha Stewart.

Below is the picture, and I found it at this link: http://www.marthastewart.com/photogallery/frame-and-mirror-projects 


I thought it was such a creative and different idea for a wall without a lot of room for anything else. So, away I went gathering frames and painting them white with good ol' spray paint.



It took a few weeks, trying to find an oval frame. Did you know they only made 4 in the whole world! Not really, but it felt like it!! I had a really nice one that my Mom gave to me for the cause, but it got knocked right off the wall as I was checking to see how well it hung.

Anyway, a few trips to the thrift stores and a few weeks later. I got my wall art up. I still think I need to add a little bit to it.




A few pictures from an angle or two. Now you see what I mean by a wall that would be hard to decorate, but I think that these frames suit it. And this is a project that I can keep adding to and layering if I want.

Well, until next time!

K.

No comments:

Post a Comment